HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
kim
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 22
Susan,

I can so relate to how you are feeling. I was diagnosed at 37, 3 years ago this month. My children were 5 and not yet one. I can't tell you how many times I cried thinking I would never see them grow up and that my son would not even remember me.
I know it does not seem like it, but your emotions will settle. I too had multiple tumors(larger than yours) I had a mastectomy with tissue expander reconstruction(then implants). I actually went back 1 year later and had the other breast removed as well and have no regrets, it has brought me peace of mind. Followed by chemo, herceptin and rads. The great thing about being her2+ now is herceptin is out there and availble---I really had to fight for it.
Also I found school starting to be a huge help for me with my oldest. I changed her from 1/2 day to all day kindergarten as soon as I was diagnosed. This allowed her to have a lot of normality to her day reguardless of what was happening with me.
Hugs and prayers,
Kim
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
lexigirl
Senior Member
 
lexigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 981
Susan,

I wish I was there to give you a big hug. You have come to a terrific site for support and the latest information on her2 positive breast cancer. I was diagnosed last year at this time at age 36. My kids were 13 and 9. They were the darkest days I had ever experienced. It does get better. I promise.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
SusanV
Senior Member
 
SusanV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 188
All of your words of love, encouragement and the been there done that news has really helped my spirit. I cried reading each one... crying for all of you, your families, me and mine. I am soo glad to have found you all for support. You guys definatley have the hands I need to hold right now. I am so grateful for that!

Susan
SusanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Tom
Senior Member
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 290
Smile Welcome

Hi Susan. Welcome to our friendly website. Joe and Christine kindly founded this site so we could all have a place to come to vent, research, cry, laugh, and share our little adventure together. I am here representing my Mother, who was diagnosed two years ago with HER2+ breast cancer. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this place.


We too are in PA, near Philadelphia. We go to Philly for all of our treatment. I will tell you what I have said to others. You couldn't have picked a better time to have breast cancer, as odd as that might sound. The research is in a new era of discovery, and things never looked better. The newer therapies are less invasive and less toxic than ever.

Please let us know along the way what your progress is, and many here will offer advice and comfort.

I am a man, but still enjoy this site immensely, and have learned much about breast cancer, as well as human nature. The people who visit here are amazing, well-informed, and very compassionate. They are all humble saints.


Try to relax, and as time goes on, you will see that the world isn't over for you, just taking a detour for the time being.


Tom

Last edited by Tom; 08-08-2006 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Typos
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter