HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
Rb

The only correlation between progesterone and Her2 (actually the Her/VEGF pathways) that I have found (to include some of this year's ASCO reports) have to do with the fact that the growth receptor pathways downregulate progesterone (usually far more) than estrogen.

Some of the papers and posters this year focused on the triple negative women but did (in 2 posters and one presentation) reference ER+ but PR neg. I did attend these as it is a rarer pathology of which I have.

Being progesterone negative points to being Her+ (1-3 - at least one of them) and also one may be VEGF positive as well. ER+, PR- tend to be Her2+ (a small population is also Her1+). At least 35% of triple negatives are Her1+. More ER-PR- women who are Her2+ are Her1+ versus those that have at least one hormone receptor being positive. You are absolutely less apt to be Her1+ if you are ER and PR positive.

It seems that the progesterone receptor being positive is associated with a much better prognosis than just being ER+ but I think it is due to the fact that the Estrogen receptor likes to crosstalk more than associate with itself so if there is no progesterone receptor, then other pathways HAVE to be involved. Other papers elude that the other pathways shutdown the progesterone receptor. Very complicated.

Thanks for being so dedicated to the Omega 3/6 balance and information. I swear it is why my cancer was so downgraded as I began doing that about 2-3 months prior to diagnosis and continued throughout treatment. I am a true believer.

Kind regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter