HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Olivia
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 20
Bilateral Masts

Hi,

I was diagnosed at 34, stage 1, Her2+, ER/PR-, grade III, .9cm. Had bilateral mastectomy, Dose dense A/C and taxol followed by a year of Herceptin.

For me, the decision was easy. I opted for bilateral mastectomy. I have a great deal of anxiety about my health (always have) and I would always be wondering what was going on in those breasts. My team of drs. neither encouraged or discouraged it... simply said they understood why.

I understand that the survival rate is similar for mastectomy vs. lumpectomy. Recurrence rate is a little different. However, I did what was best for ME. Knowing myself as I do...

Good luck in your decision. I know it is difficult.

Olivia
Olivia is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter