HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
lucky4x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 40
Great news! Reply re: Herceptin Holiday

I have not heard of taking a Hercpetin Holiday... but quite frankly I would be too afraid to. ( Just me) But I am doing so well, that it would scare me to change it. Right now its what is keeping those little monsters away!!

As for YOU... I think it's wonderful that your MRI was clear!!!! YaHOO!

Just another thought...

How about Thyroid? Have you done any testing done for that? I had hardly any feeling in fingers a while back and my toes were freezing all the time... I also had a LOT of dizziness... and it was Thyroid. I ended up on thyroid meds... but thats nothing... compared to the alternative.

Something to think about.

Again...Congrats on your great news!
Lucky
__________________
Lucky4x
lucky4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
MCS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 430
Vacation fr herceptin. Only if circumstances warrant it, such as low muggas etc.

There are several of us here that have done that.

I am expereincing dizziness also, which never had under ac or taxol. I will bring to doctor.

I agree with Al. Taxol is awful, just awful

Another thread mentioned dizziness as side effects of herceptin.

Happy to know brain is clear,

God Bless

XO

MCS ( maria)
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
al from Canada
Senior Member
 
al from Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 722
When reading through this I think we have to deliniate which one are Q of L limiting, which are just a pain in the ass and which we look for. If your symptoms fall in the bottom 2 cats fall into the "it's worth it" cat. If it is in the Q of L cat, there are some solutions available for specific symptoms. Bottom line, herceptin is possibly the lease of all the cancer evils. So we come to a cruss roads, (and I appologize in advance for my Canadian bluntness) if you must stopp herceptin because of dose limiting effects, chances are that you will reocc, albiet very quickly. If you are getting hung-up and the pain in the butt symtoms, consider this: that stress willalso interfere with your treatment which may reduce your survival.


Maybe what we need is a matrix of side effects and solutions.
Al
__________________
Primary care-giver to and advocate for Linda, who passed away April 27, 2006.
al from Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
sassy
Senior Member
 
sassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mountains of Virginia
Posts: 2,267
Images: 4
Ithink a matrix of symptoms and solutions would be wonderful--most helpful to all--could we set it up?


Sassy
________
Laguna Heights Condos Wong Amat

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:47 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
al from Canada
Senior Member
 
al from Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 722
That's do-able,

If you were to list a bunch of side effects, I could offer some remedies up for discussion and input and when it's all said and done, we'll publish it into a readable matrix or list.
Al
__________________
Primary care-giver to and advocate for Linda, who passed away April 27, 2006.
al from Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #6
DeborahNC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 148
I think Al's suggestion is great and I'm grateful for his input! I haven't looked yet, but starting a new thread would be ideal. You're not blunt, Al, you're straight to the point which is nothing to apologize for in the least.

The vision trouble I'm experiencing would be in the 1st category affecting QoL. I'm seriously afraid to drive at times.

I haven't had any thyroid or spine testing done recently so it will be something I'll bring up next onc visit.
DeborahNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
lucky4x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 40
I feel stupid but.......

What is QofL?

Al... sorry for your loss. I haven't been around much, in and out of the site, and trying to keep up with life, 3 kids, hubby and all the while making sure mets. is still under control.

(I am also in Ont. Can.)

Lucky
__________________
Lucky4x
lucky4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter