HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Kim in CA
Senior Member
 
Kim in CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California's Gold Country
Posts: 404
Chelee,

I have been on Femara for 4 years now. When I had recurrence to my liver in 2001, a review of my original pathology reports, indicated that even though I was originally diagnosed as ER-, I was actually very slightly postitive (less than 10%) and a specialist at UCSF said that going on Femara couldn't hurt. Because I believe in hitting this disease from every possible angle, I agreed. I have bone density tests to monitor things and stay active physically, with lots of weight bearing exercises.

I didn't realize that even though my ovaries were fried back in 1997 when I had my stem cell procedure there are other tissues in the body that produce estrogen. So if the Femara keeps any estrogen from feeding my cancer, it's worth it to me.

Hope this helps, Kim in CA
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter