HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 05:04 AM   #1
al from Canada
Senior Member
 
al from Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 722
Be patient, slow could also mean, "better than ever"!

Al
__________________
Primary care-giver to and advocate for Linda, who passed away April 27, 2006.
al from Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
janet/FL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 312
My hair is growing very slowly. Only 1.25 inch since going off Taxotere in November. It does seem think enough if it would just grow! Since it is curly and rather wooley, it doesnt make me look like me! My nails are very thin. I can't even open a clasp on a bracelet to put one on as my nail just splits. I certainly could be worse! Just wish my hair would GROW !
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:38 AM   #3
tousled1
Senior Member
 
tousled1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 2,104
I am not on Herceptin yet, but I must say if it does slow hair growth that I would consider that a small price to pay for the benefit of the herceptin. I just finished my last round of Taxatore yesterday and I do have a little peach fuss on my head but I enjoy wearing hats. I'm just hoping that when my hair does grow back that it won't grow back under my arms or on my legs. I quite enjoy not having to shave!!
__________________
Kate
Stage IIIC Diagnosed Oct 25, 2005 (age 58)
ER/PR-, HER2+++, grade 3, Ploidy/DNA index: Aneuploid/1.61, S-phase: 24.2%
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
Jackie
Senior Member
 
Jackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: (Hill Country) Texas
Posts: 72
Talking

My experience with Herceptin shows slowed hair growth. I finished chemo in Nov. and continued with Herceptin. I was taken off of Herceptin in March, due to a low Muga, for 9 weeks. During that 9 weeks I saw the hair growth to really pick up especially on my legs and underarms. I went back on Herceptin 2 weeks ago and the hair growth on my legs and underarms has really slowed. I have a friend who is about month behind me in treatment with continuous treatment of Herceptin. Her hair on her head is growing alot, but she isn't seeing much hair growth on her legs and underarms. That is my 2 cents worth.
__________________
Jackie
Stage II, Grade 2, DX 4-05
EP +, HER2 +++,
1 node+, 1.6cm
46 yrs. old at time of dx.
Completed Chemo 11-05
Completed 1 yr. Herceptin 8-06
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
cherylynnie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 84
Are you on tamoxifen as well?
__________________
Cheryl
Stage II, Grade III, ER+/PR-, Her2 3.0 amplified, N 0/5, dx 9/05, 39 yrs
Right Mastectomy, immediate tram flap reconstruction
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter