HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
cherylynnie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 84
Tricia,
I asked this same question in April, I had a reaction after my loading dose. The itching started on Thursday, two days after infusion. Rash is listed as side effect. You can check out the link to the manufacture via this web site. Since my onc. hadn't seen this reaction before I have to go weekly now. I don't know if he will change me back to every three weeks or not. So far I had my loading dose 526mg, then 3 weeks later they gave me 25 mg to see if I reacted, then the next week they gave me 138mg, then last week another 138mg. Then I go tomorrow for the third 138 mg. I only had the itchy rash the first time, it was all over my trunk, especially along my scars(I had a tram flap reconstruction) and on my breasts. Heat might bring it on maybe that is why the hot water effects it. According to the Herceptin website 18% of 352 women who received Herceptin alone broke out in a rash. I think those numbers are right, but check out the website. I printed out the table and showed the onc. I think that is why he is being careful now.
__________________
Cheryl
Stage II, Grade III, ER+/PR-, Her2 3.0 amplified, N 0/5, dx 9/05, 39 yrs
Right Mastectomy, immediate tram flap reconstruction
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter