HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
Mgarr
Senior Member
 
Mgarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 230
Images: 2
Genetics

Jackie,


I would highly recommend gentic counseling before you make any decisions.

I too have a significant history w/ brother at 23 diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma, a cousin w/ same at 27. Another cousin (also 27) w/ ovarian and then I lost 2 aunts to bc one before she was 50 and the other at 55. All on the paternal side. It took time and counseling for me to come to the decision to get the genetic testing.

I did decide to test this month and I also fit a criteria to have my blood sent to a research data bank so hopefully it will help find some answers for our children & grandchildren.
Mgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter