HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
At this point, I am not going to get the Pten test only because I will finish my year of Herceptin in mid June (although my onc wants to continue until September which covers my first 2 yrs since diagnosis and keeps me on the Herceptin/Arimidex combo for one full year).


I thought about testing my tumor (because I could rationalize - why stay on longer than the year if I don't have Pten. Also, I would worry more than maybe I would even need to. What I mean by that is that, prior to adjuvant Herceptin, most Her2+ women did okay and did not recur. So...)

I was just wondering if anyone found research that correlates other indicators to each other.

Also, does anyone diffinitively know if you test positive for a hormone receptor - is positive positive. What I mean is that my PR is "less than 5%" on my pathology report. I have read alot about this type of reading and some research says anything under 5% is negative and other research says that anything positive is positive.

Those of you who are ER/PR negative - did your pathology reports actually say negative?

I am hoping my PR - less than 5% is at least a bit positive. My onc - who is good says its something but would be considered negative if push came to shove.

Best regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter