HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Audrey
Senior Member
 
Audrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 212
Julie, I was in your same position a few years ago--my onc. did not recommend scans after my treatment for the same reasons you mentioned. For me, that was something I could agree with. I was SO anxious about getting scans and had a miserable experience undergoing a CAT scan after the initial diagnosis to check for mets--turns out I was allergic to the iodine constrast dye that they use and started breaking out in hives/freaking out in the CAT scan tube...I think I am really in the minority of people on this board who do NOT get regular scans, but as long as I am not having any symptoms, my onc and I feel that is okay. By the way, I was diagnosed in 2001 and am looking forward to 5 years of survival this summer! (Stage III, er/pr negative, Her2+, large tumor, many lymph nodes, treated with A/C, Taxol, rads, Herceptin)
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter