HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
Sue2001

Hi, I also have extremely pale skin and ended up with some bad burns. I thought for sure I would have scars for the rest of my life but I was amazed at how quickly it healed. Within a week it no longer hurt and was healed within two. I have some minor scars but as the years go by they get lighter and lighter. Keep using all the creams you were given - It's very important. I was also given large saline pads to place on my skin. It added moisture to my skin and cooled it at the same time. These were wonderful!! A radiation nurse gave them to me.

Hang in there, Sue
Sue2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Bev

Last rad tomorrow! Only peeling under breast and at nipple. Also prescribed biafine. It's parafin based. The areas that aren't in the boost field seem to be healing and fading already after 10 days. I have a friend who at 2 years out says the only thing lingering is a patch of dry skin. Good luck, BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
michele u

are you using 100% alovera? You can get it at Walmart. It's clear. That really helped me
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #4
Unregistered

I'm a redhead so I burned pretty badly and was bleeding toward the end. I used silverdine (sp?) several times a day and while I was getting dressed after rads. I healed up great -- it was amazing how nice the new skin looked!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
R.B.

Oooowch !

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Tessa

Aloe + visualization

I also recommend 100% aloe very gel, I slathered it on immediately after radiation and I actually didn't burn. Another tip I got from a previous radiee was to visualize cooling water during the actual radiation. I would imagne myself under a refreshing tropical waterfall, or splashing in a cool, clear lake, or just think of water flowing over dar stones in an ornamental Japanese garden. I think that helped too.

All the best.
Tessa
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
tricia keegan

I too have very fair skin but used the aloe vera from day one and all I have is a little redness and an itch! I am doing the boost and have 3 out of 10 done although they do think I will suffer with this as it's in the nipple area.(Ouch) I was told to only use the hydrocortizone cream for 7 days as it thins the skin.Try the aloe, I'm convinced thats what has helped me.
Tricia
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote