HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #4
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Hope, I have a chemo buddy who sees the same oncologist as I do; she's been fighting inflammatory bc for 5 years and our onc has devised several "creative combo's" for her. Currently she's on Abraxane/Herceptin and her lesion's are regressing. She was on Xeloda/Herceptin previously until she started progressing again. So I can't answer your question regarding side effects of Xeloda/Abraxane, but she's tolerated Abraxane/Herceptin very well. I don't know much about possible side effects of Abraxane, I'm sorry.

But, I myself am now on Xeloda/Navelbine/Herceptin, with almost no side effects other than low blood counts, and since adding Xeloda we've seen a very good response, so I hope that's encouraging regarding Xeloda. It can be very effective, and from what I've read about Xeloda studies the key to minimizing side effects is to start low, see how the low dose is tolerated, then if indicated gradually build the dose to achieve maximum effectiveness with minimal side effects, as each patient responds differently. I hope that's helpful, and maybe talk to your onc about that approach.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter