HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #2
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
The chance of this being mets to the ovaries would be very, very rare. However, you should mention this to your doctor. I did not see how old you are but just because you have no uterus does not mean that you stop ovulating etc so it could be that. And, chemo messes up everything. I was 45 and still menstrating and had a period that would stop. After it finally did, I went into chemopause but my menses came back about 7 months after chemo ended. I then had my ovaries removed so I could be on herceptin and arimidex (I am also ER+ but PR-). Ovarian cancer runs in my dad's family so I didn't mind getting them removed. Breast cancer runs in my mom's family.

Mets from breast cancer tend to go to the bones, liver, lungs and brain (a smaller percentage of time). It likes the bones best so ovaries would be a rare stop.

Hope this helps

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter