HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Nicola
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: King & Queen County Virginia
Posts: 59
I'm in shock-new tumor...where old one was 4 years ago...

Jessica my heart goes out to you. I can imagine the fear you are feeling. Please know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. Hopefully someone on the site can offer you some help with understanding how this happened and where to go from here. I know this will be important to us all as we all fear the recurrence. Know that we are with you in spirit and hoping for the best. Stay strong, I know you are a tough cookie by your posts and that you will get through this. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Big Hugs & Lots of Love,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

I know this comes as a shock to you. We have all went through so much withis disease. But I do firmly believe that God only gives us what we can handle. You are a strong person and I'm sure you will get thru this with Gods help and the prayers of everyone on this site. bless you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Jessica, I'm in shock right along with you. I've seen the stats that this is a rare occurance, but when it's happening to you it doesn't feel so rare. I can only suppose, if it proves to be the same type of cancer, that some stray cells escaped the original surgery and have taken this amount of time to grow. If it is Her2 positive, that means Herceptin WAS working to keep the brakes on in combo with all your chemo regimens. We know this is an aggressive disease, and you're back in the fray sooner than you thought you'd be. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
Debbie Harris
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9
Where in Atlanta

Hi Jessica,

I am Nicola's sister, she is a member on this site and a cancer survivor. She sent me a copy of your post. I know this is such a struggle both mentally and physically. I have to tell you that when I read your post,I wondered if I know of you through a friend of mine. I live in the Atlanta area as well. I have a friend who is taking Pilates classes, and she had mentioned to me a long time ago that her Pilates instructor had cancer and was continuing to teach the class. Her name is Kim, and if you are the instructor she has told me about, you are a tough cookie and will get through this just fine. It can be such a small world sometimes. I would love to know if you are the gal I've heard of through the grape vine.

Best wishes,
Debbie
Debbie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
jhandley
Senior Member
 
jhandley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Posts: 330
been there

Hi Jess

I too had a reoccurrence after 4.5 yrs same breast diff location..but didnt show on mammo or US. It was 4 cm x 2 cm and obviously had been there for a while possibly even all along. I believe 25 % of tumours in younger women are not detected by mammo. I was pretty cross at the time (last Sept) particularly since I had wanted the breast off the first time round. I was also cross because this time I had a liver "spot" and I believe if I had had the mast. first time maybe I wouldnt be Stage 4 (however I am now NED).
Anyway chin up and best of luck with your next move.

cheers
Jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter