HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
Esther
Senior Member
 
Esther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 484
Jay, I was diagnosed with liver and bone mets in Feb 2004. My liver was shutting down, it was completely covered in tumors. After 14 months on Herceptin, Navelbine & Xeloda, I was NED.

I've been on just Herceptin for maintenance for a year now. I don't plan to go back on chemo unless I develop new liver or bone lesions. Here in Southern CA, it's considered to be appropriate treatment protocol, to just stay on Herceptin for maintenance unless something pops up to warrant treatment.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Jay, My onc is one who believes in the "on/off" theory of chemo, and has said in his experience a successful chemo regimen can be used again although he likes to see a year long break from that chemo. I'm on Navelbine/Herceptin for the third time since 2001, with Herceptin maintenance in between, to keep systemic lymph node mets in check. So far this protocol has been successful in keeping mets contained to the lymph system, no spread to major organs, bone or brain. I don't seem to have developed complete resistance to Navelbine yet, but we have discussed moving on to Xeloda if this round doesn't do the trick as my response has been slower this time. I have several chemo buddies who've had good responses with Xeloda/Herceptin combo, one for Her2+ lung mets and one to keep inflammatory Her2+ contained.

>3 Lolly

<3 Lolly

Last edited by Lolly; 01-24-2006 at 09:47 AM..
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter