HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #17
Barbara2
Senior Member
 
Barbara2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Dakota.
Posts: 621
Hair loss with herceptin.

I am taking herceptin only, weekly. The nails are slow to grow and also split easily.

I used to have very thick hair. After chemo I got about half of it back. Now with "late" herceptin, the hair seems to be thinning even more. We have drainage problems in our shower, so we keep a screen in there to catch the hair. After starting herceptin, we noticed more hair collecting in the drain.

At my last herceptin treatment (#29) I asked the nurse if she has seen hair loss in other herceptin only patients. She said not usually; hair loss is uncommon.

I wonder though.....some patients don't say much unless they are questioned; maybe it happens but doesn't get documented.

Barb
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter