HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
AlaskaAngel
Senior Member
 
AlaskaAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,018
Participating in clinical trials

Hi Tricia,

I've only participated in 2 clinical trials so far but at the end of the description for the clinical trial the sites were listed where the trial is being offered, with contact addresses and/or phone numbers so that I could contact and talk with the clinical trial coordinators. Usually there is a need for contact with your treating physician but you can talk with the coordinator first to tell whether you and they think you might qualify. Often they also list clinical trials that are not yet open as well and for one of the trials I was in, I called the day it opened because they were only needing less than 100 people nationwide to be in it. I was chosen and the trial closed very early. Be sure to consider carefully whether a clinical trial is being offered by a reputable institution or a reputable researcher.

I'm watching for another one myself -- good luck!

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter