HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
RhondaH
Senior Member
 
RhondaH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,516
Al, when I did a search this is the website I found...

http://www.world-wire.com/news/0729050001.html

Rhonda Hoffman
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 AM   #2
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Sorry

I am sorry. I meant to include.

Thank you very much Rhondah for finding and posting the link. It is indeed the one I was referring to.

RB
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:19 AM   #3
BonnieT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cohasset, MN
Posts: 58
Hi
I could not find the flax seed muffing recipie , does anyone have one ??
Thanks
BonnieT
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
CherylS
Senior Member
 
CherylS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 189
Confused about flaxseed

Ok, now didn't I read here a while back that women who had ER+ breast cancer should avoid flaxseed because it is an estrogen based plant dirivitive? I quit taking it when I read that. Help!
__________________
Cheryl
CherylS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re plant phtyo estrogens impact etc.

Please find below some links which may help in your decision process.

Plants are very complex chemical arsenals, and appear to work in very many ways, so simple answers are not likely. It will I guess often be a balance of positive and possible negatives. I do beleive the omega three six balance is fundamental it causes changes of expression of all sorts of thing that appear to have a wider linkage to enabling cancer to function. As it takes years for many cancers to develop if diet is the cause it would no be reaonalbe to expect miracles over night. Breast tissue fat shows change in three months adipose tissue three years according to reports I have seen.

Overall my simplistic outlook is there is a certain comfort in knowing that we have eaten things for thousands of years, and that the vast increases in cancers is relatively recent, so whole food intake is unlikely to be the cause - it is when it is taken in processed form that a great deal of care has to be taken as any effect it has will be magnified by quantity and easy availability eg omega six.

But as usual there are no easy answers. Trials will only be done when governements decide to fund preventative research of dietary factors at sufficent scale to produce more definative answers on economic grounds. In the mean while people may be suffering unecessarily. Drugs companies will not do preventitate research based on food - billions to be saved not made here!.

There seems to be lots more information so try searching NCBI, Annieappleseed, google etc. if you need more reassurance.

I hope this helps, but as usual you have to check it out for your self.


FLAX

http://www.flaxhealth.com/breastcancer.htm

http://www.cancerrd.com/faqs/faq77.htm

http://annieappleseedproject.org/flaxeninefof.html


SOY

http://www.vegetariannutrition.net/v...st_cancer.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
BonnieT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cohasset, MN
Posts: 58
Hey
I am going to have to check with my Oncologist before I take flax seed because she told me to avoid soy products due to estrogen, I am not sure about flax seed, thanks for reminding me !!!
BonnieT
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:36 PM   #7
CLTann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 476
Flabghasted is not the word -- Flaxseed miracle!

I am on Arimidex, with all ER, PR, HER2 positive. My onc specifically advised that I stay away from soy extract and phytosterols, such as flaxseed. Now this Canadian article specifically claimed the miracle of flaxseed to reduce tumor and reduce HER2 overexpression. How can I cope with these two directly opposite, but so critical and exciting, news? Anyone can shed scientific, not just "your own personal choice" type comments? I am so confused and frustrated. I know many of you share the same anxiety of wanting to know what to do.

Ann
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:23 AM   #8
Ginger
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15
Question Ground Flaxseed vice FS oil

i am also somewhat confused. I thought I read a post by Al earlier that FS Oil is better for ER+ than ground FS would be. I wonder where that information came from? I am also on Arimidex and have started using ground flaxseed in yogurt every other day. Wonder if the Oil would be better or if should stop altogether?
__________________
Ginger
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter