HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
StephN
Senior Member
 
StephN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
Talking Which markers & why

Hi Kim -
Glad you were feeling so grand that you forgot something important! That IS a switch, isn't it?

From day one I had the CA27-29 marker test - that is five years ago. I had not heard of the 15-3 until later when I started looking at some cancer sites and reading Dr. Susan Love's book.

I asked my med onc at a visit what the difference was. He said they feel here that the CA27-29 is a newer and more accurate test. That is what the lab set up with now and that and CEA are all they use for me at this time.

Oh - I did ask for a CA-125 just for the heck of it. Had it checked twice and the number was the same and well into normal range.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter