HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
Daile
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16
Smile

Oh I have just giggled my way through these posted replies.

I remember when I was picking up my children from school one day and my son had a friend home to play. We were driving home with the 8 and 9 year in the backseat when sons friend says, "My mums got Strep Throat." Son replies, "my mum got cancer and her hair fell out, aye mum!" Yeah son something like that - ho hum!

Children are just so precious and when I need a dose of the giggles they do it for me everytime. Our children have made this process so much easier for us as their parents to deal with it all.

Thanks for the giggle,

Daile
Daile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
sassy
Senior Member
 
sassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mountains of Virginia
Posts: 2,267
Images: 4
bump and add

Wanted to bump this up so others could enjoy and add another thought from Andrew.

Last week he was discussing the fact that my hair was really growing back in now and looking really pretty.

He then said," I'm so glad Rhonda's cancer is in 'Recession'!"

Now thats one "recession" I'll gladly take.

Sassy
________
Problems From Paxil

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:43 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
lexigirl
Senior Member
 
lexigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 981
Smile

I love these stories! Children are so sincere and say what's on their minds.

I finished chemo in January and my hair is just coming in. At home I go wigless but always wear my wig out. My daughter, who is nine, asked why I still wear my wig. I wish that I had the courage to not wear it. I am way to vain!

I think she has become a lot more compassionate going through this. I know that she won't be as afraid to see others who may be going through chemo tx.
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter