HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #19
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group
 
Christine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 361
Images: 4
Ports

Hi Christine
I had when I first started with A/C an arm port put in. It was necessary to protect my veins from the harm of this type of toxic chemo. It was fine for 5 months, then the line began to break away and it ended up in my chest all curled up near my cardio pulmonary arteries. It was a very unpleasant ordeal to have it removed via a fishing line and hook going up through the groin down near my right thigh. It ended up okay after a few tries and heart flutters the 2nd Doctor finally caught the line and dragged it out.
Although this may not happen to you if your careful at any location. Make sure you're comfortable and can move about with the port as easy as you can.
I have never had another port put in for Herceptin or Taxol. I was told it would not be neceassary, and also I have very palpable veins and easy to reach.
It's been over 6 1/2 yrs w/o a port and only taking Herceptin every 3 weeks.

Lf you have veins not easily located then a port will make it easier for you.
Good question , I hope I helped to answer the port delema decision.
Hugs and Well Wishes, Christine


I

Last edited by christine; 11-07-2005 at 03:08 PM..
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter