HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
mts
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi-
My cancer is just like yours. My onc wanted to get the "go ahead" from a center before he gave it to me and he wanted me to pay nearly $6,000 per infusion because he said the insurance would not pay. I switched oncs and I go in for my 2nd Herceptin infusion next week.
New oncs reasoning: High risk, node negative patients with a tumor equal or greater than 1cm were allowed in the trials... therefore, why not on our own after the trials? AND as long as Herceptin is FDA approved (which it is); there is no reason for insurance to deny.
I also found that if I have to pay for it myself it is only about $500 per infusion at my new oncs office. He gets a "bulk rate".
I contemplated switching oncs in Jan when I was undergoing chemo. I should have followed my gut instinct... Had I done that, I would have had Herceptin then.
Follow your gut instinct and NEVER "fall in love" with your onc!
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter