HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #9
StephN
Senior Member
 
StephN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
Coenzyme Q10 has been my friend for a long time. I initially got it in combination supplement that is especially good for hair, skin and nails. With the cancer diagnosis, I still took what I had been taking and added another 100mg of the straight CoQ10. That was almost 5 years ago.

I had Adriamycin for 12 weekly treatments, then Taxotere as adjuvent therapy. Six months after getting off all that I had mets to liver and bones. I started on Herceptin, Taxol and navelbine then. So, I had a lot of cardio-toxic drugs within a short time plus the Herceptin.
Had my heart functions checked this spring and all is well. I feel that the CoQ10 has helped me thus far as I have been on herceptin with or without chemo for 3.5 years.

I did bump my dose up to 200mg a day while on the Decadron for my brain mets this past winter. Dropped back after I had been off that stuff for a couple of months.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter