HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #3
mts
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Even if you remove your ovaries your adipose tissue (fat) still secrets estrogen ( albeit minute amounts).

My first tumor was ER- and I was told my ovaries were OK to keep. I had a 2nd lumpectomy (not seen on mammo) one month after the first lumpectomy that showed ER 5% pos and PR-. Now I am on Tamoxifen for that 5%.

I believe ovarian aablation is overkill for ER/PR-. Eventhough I am on Tamoxifen, had I not been ER pos 5%/PR- I would keep the rest of my body intact. DO you really want to be reminded you have cancer everytime you get a hot flash?

I understand being fearful of recurrance. We all are. If you had aggressive chemo and currently NED then you are a SURVIVOR. Live your title.

If you're more concerned about ovarian cancer (which is more difficult to detect and you carry BRCA mutation then, yes- remove the twins. Otherwise I agree with Tami.

This is just my opinion-

mts
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter