HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
mts
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi Janet-
I live in Florida too-

I have had the exact thing told to me by my onc. He did however write a letter to the ins company (medical necessity) with back-up from data obtained by another onc in Philadelphia. Like you, I could not qualify for the Herceptin trial because my tumor was not large enough. And no docs around central and south florida were willing to give Hercepin to me even if I did pay up front. Since the ASCO meeting in May however, now they are all willing to give it if I pay up front. Although node negative , ER/PR - and HER2 +++ !!!!

I respect your option to opt out of chemo... just remember that AC is pretty effective on fast growing tumors and you are YOUNG!

Eventhough I already completed my chemo and rads, I am certainly willing to lose my hair again for the Herceptin and do more chemo if necessary... I have a 4 and 7 yr old and the biggest child of them all - my 43 yr old husband. I'll be damned if some hag ends-up with him due to my early demise. The chemo is well worth it.

I got 4 different opinions and NEVER "fell in love" with any of my docs... we are just patients.

There is an onc in Sebring Florida that will give it you if you pay upfront. He has offered to me. May hte force be with you!
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter