HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM   #4
Kristen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi Steph,
I went to the ASCO site and looked up the numbers. My labs come from CEA Serial Monitor. Then actually the site who sponsors the tests. ASCO, stated that you shouldn't worry about your markers unless they were over 5 and that hormones could make them increase. Which this would coincide with the periods that I had. I went out of menopause for a time there. I had 3 period in 6 weeks. The new FSH said I was back in menopause, so we will see if I have anymore of the littel buggers. The cyst is causing the pain in my back and legs at times and the hormones are giving me the headaches, that's what I think, but I have to got to 3 different doctors to find out anythig, which is nill, so I guess, I am trying to figure this one out on my own. Everyone seems puzzled.

ASCO stated that if they rise and they are under 5 it could mean a local reocurrance, but I don't seem to have any of that going on. My doctors aren't concerned. We haven't gotten the Bayer serum test results back so I don't know if that is what she is waiting on or what. No one seem to be worried about it. She hasn't called me or anything.
I am getting the Bayer test through the Genentech study, they will run the test every 6 months post Herceptin, which I stopped in December.

If you have any input or suggestions I would love to hear them. I am flying solo here. I read up more on the AST/ALT and I thougth they were more liver enzymes which they are, but they also have to do with your heart and repairing of the heart. I know mine aren't high at all, and if I was going to have a heart attack they would be like triple, but with passing out, I am a little concerned.

My friend just can't believe how blaise the doctors are about everythig. Is this normal? Just wait and see because the outcome or prognosis would be the same if it's caught early or late, or it's nothing? I like the idea that it's nothing. It's just that they grind it into your head that anything that isn't normal to let them know about it, it isn't normal, at least for the last 6 months, should you step it up to each month just to check? I know every little thing, like the periods and headaches don't mean the cancer is back either, I am seeing 3 different doctors. I don't know what to do. Any help Steph would be great. Thanks. K
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter