HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #8
*_tami_*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I had lumpectomy, 4 ac and then did taxotere and hercpetin (12 weeks and 1 year) I will be done with hercpetin this August. Lump was 1.4 cm, had 1 micromet to the sentinal node, other nodes negative and er/pr- and her2+++. I had 35 radiation treatments. I remember being relieved at how much easier the taxotere was compared to the AC. I didn't need nearly as many anti-nauseous meds and felt clearer mentally. My onc uses taxotere instead of taxol partly because the incidence of neuropathy is less. I did not experience any numbness and was absolutely stunned when my hair started to grow back while still getting the taxotere.

With the recent findings I am very relieved that I pushed for the herceptin. I don't know how any of this will play out but I just didn't want any regrets. With the minor inconvenience of IV's every 3 weeks and muga's every 3 months the herceptin is a piece of cake.

Good luck with your decisions and I am so glad you have the AC behind you.

Best
Tami
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter