HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #5
Cheryl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I was diagnosed Stage 1, 1.7 cm, Grade 3, Estrogen +, HER2 3+on March 4. I was in the middle of my AC when the news hit about the clinical trials for Herceptin for Early Stage. My onc. was initially very hesitant about Herceptin when I asked. A few days later I received a phone call from her after she had attended a meeting of internationally renowned bc experts at the University of Minnesota where she presented the question of my case. They convinced her that this should be new protocol for all HER2 positive patients. I believe only HER2 3+ is actually considered positive though. By the time I was scheduled to start my Taxol we were ready to go. I have had 2 Taxol plus herceptin on my way to 12, followed by 40 more herceptin alone. I know I will always be glad I have done everything I can do. I had some trouble with the first dose of Taxol, as I had a strong acid reflux reaction. Now I am on 40 MG of pepcid daily and hoping to avoid this. I just had my 2nd today, so I can't comment much. Had some pretty bad body aches about day 3-5, but the heartburn was certainly adding to my discomfort in a huge way, and I was afraid to take pain meds in fear of further irritating my stomach at that point. Today, after my 2nd dose I am feeling really fine. Others have said that the benodryl really knocked them out the first day, but I'm just a little drowsy and expecting to sleep well tonight. I will not be having radiation as I have opted for mascectomy. I have been told that reoccurrence with lumpectomy +radiation is about 10%, while mascectomy is 1%. I'm going to take all of the %'s I can get my hands on.

Best wishes to you,
Cheryl
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter