HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 02:17 AM   #1
lyn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi there, don't get tooo disheartened, I have been doing the same thing since 1998 and they gave me 2-3 years back then because it was so aggressive, radical mastectomy, removal of chest and pectoral muscle and 16 glands all positive with no clear margin and not hormone responsive. My does as I ask, he says the fact that I should have been dead years ago means I must know what I am doing, with the help of this site of cours. The fact that we can have herceptin gives us a 47% better chance than those that can't have it. I have lost a few friends to BC who should have outlasted me let alone succumb to it. Each day we survive we get 1 day closer to a cure. I just seem to get rid of it, then it pops up again, I think we need to think of it as diabetes, and just keep it under control..I know some ladies have taken Xeloda as a maintenance drug for 10 years and I think I may end up in that category some day. I had a CT on my chest and liver today and all clear, so they say and I am having a MRI on my head neck and shoulder tomorrow so will know on Tuesday what my next episode will be. Mine has alway reoccured in the lymphs, skin and now in the remaining breast. You definately need a sense of humour to survive.

Love & Ggs Lyn
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter