HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #10
lolam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I am sorry that you are faced with this. Is it just this board, it seems like brain mets are wayyyy too common now. I was toying with the idea of not asking for an MRI this year as I feel kind of paranoid for asking for one. But you and all the others have laid that to rest. My onc will go along with it so that helps, even if we make up reasons for the insurance co. I really hope someone does something about that so that we can have that scan along with so many others that they DO approve just for scanning purposes.
I will be praying that you will have all the wisdom and peace that you need to get through this. I am happy to hear that you have found doctors you can trust and machines to do the job. Over here in Spokane we also have all we need to get the job done. That gives me relief even though I may never need it.
Some day in the future we will have statistics of how many of us get brain mets. I know we get them because we live longer now because of herceptin. But if the percentages are extremely high for us with her2neu and brain mets, maybe they will step up serious research to help us prevent them.
Some of you gals just end up being pioneers but that is the nature of the game we play with the powers that be. So I pray that so much grace and healing will come to you for your sacrafice for those of us who follow!! I hope someone is listening to our pleas!!!
Hugs, Lola
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter