HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2004, 10:34 AM   #8
Patty D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Good new they are small- I had 15 sessions of WBR in Sept of 2003- for 6 tumors (called them "the dirty half dozen" Dont know if you have heard of the move "The Dirty Dozen") I called it my "Blue light special" as there was a little beam of blue light with each session- I also loved the mask they used (not!) Called that my Hannibal Lector mask (from Silence of the Lambs) For some reason it reminded me of that. I got through all sessions and other than fatigue had no real side effects. I have been on Decadron ever since and have tried to taper off and I think I finally am going to be able to do it. I also lost my hair and it grew back like a reverse Mohawk! For some reason the middle top portion grew back very sparsely . So I have to always wear a hat or wig but that is a small price to pay. I had a follow up CT done in Apirl of this year and found 3 small tumors left over so I had cyberknife done. That obliterated one and shrunk to other two.
One grew just a tiny tiny bit (not enough for my rad onc to be concerned)
The good thing is with Cyberknife it can be done numerous time vs WBR which is a one time deal. It also works on the tumors themselves and not the entire brain. Less damage that way.
Good luck with your treatment! God Bless.. PattyD
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter