HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
Kim in CA
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi,

I was on Herceptin every 3 weeks from May 02 to July 03 at which time my CA 15-3 jumped to 45. Even though scans didn't reveal anything we decided to try adding Xeloda. Unfortunately, my body did not metabolize the Xeloda correctly and it built up to toxic levels which put me in the hospital for a week. We were hoping that my next labs would reveal that my markers had really dropped, but they only came down slightly. Then, lo and behold they started a downward trend and have been in the normal range since about Sept. I get them checked every 3 weeks when I get my Herceptin. The last two visits they have started going back up again, so I think we will be contemplating more chemo in the not to distant future, but at least the Herceptin keeps it from spreading like wildfire. I think that the Herceptin just needs a little boost now and then. I've been stage 4 since 2001 and feel like we pretty much have things under control, we just watch things very closely and try to deal with any flare ups before they get big.

P.S. I am also on Femara once daily since May 2002.
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter