HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Elisabeth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
To Port is the answer! For those of us who know we are going to have long term treatment it is a great option and it is all under the skin. I love my port. It was inserted on my right chest about level with my underarm (I had both breasts removed-so I am not sure where they place it) I do know that they prefer the right side for it to insert into the right sublclavian vein. I am able to use it for bloodwork, some tests- not CT scans.
As to your question about collapsed veins. Veins collapse on insertion because they are small and may not be able to handle the pressure change when the needle is inserted or there is simply not enough volume in the vessel. Heat applied to the vessel prior to insertion, a smaller gauge needle might do the trick. As a nurse I have started many an IV and that is what I was taught.
Blessings, Elisabeth
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter