HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2016, 03:43 AM   #17
Paula O

Re: Triple Positive

I was was diagnosed as stage 3a Triple Positive December 2010. I had the "works": first I tried alternative therapy which didn't work, a mastectomy of the left breast. Carboplatin, Taxotare (also 5 rounds instead of 6 due to neuropathy), and Herceptin a yr, 30 rounds of radiation, 5 years of Tamoxen then switched to Femara for a few months then mammogram/biopsy showed Stage 1 Triple Positive Breast Cancer in the right breast: a second primary, not considered a reoccurence although to me this is not a fluke totally unrelated. I had a mastectomy in September (a lumpectomy was also offered as an option but I felt that I would be braced for another reoccurence in that breast since I seem to be an unwilling host for growing these things). How I wish I could figure out how to change whatever needs to be changed so this doesn't start in again elsewhere now I'm plum out of breasts! I just had 2 out of 12 weekly doses of Taxol and every three week Herceptin for a year is ahead. I would have volunteered for a Stage 1 research trial of Kadcyla but it would have had to have been 10 years since last diagnosis to qualify.

I wish you the best!
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote