HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
TiffanyS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 459
Re: Differing Opinions Between Surgical Oncologist and Medical Oncologist–Who to Beli

I have an appointment with my family doctor in a couple of weeks, and I’m going to ask him what he thinks. I’ll see if he can refer me to someone who can give me a third opinion. I’m not disputing the fact that my cancer has spread, and I want to treat it aggressively, but I would also like to have a realistic assessment as to how bad it really is.

I’ve asked my oncologist about getting a PET scan, but she doesn’t think it’s necessary. I’ve already had a breast MRI, an ultrasound, a bone scan, and a CT scan and my oncologist has agreed to send me for a brain MRI to confirm that the cancer hasn’t spread to my brain. I don’t know much about PET scans, so I’m not sure if it would show anything different than the tests I’ve already done. Is this something I should push for? I know some of you have had PET scans done, and if it’s worthwhile, I will push for one.
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter