HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > General Cancer News
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Cancer News Latest Breast Cancer News from Moreover Technologies

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
Lnmum
Senior Member
 
Lnmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 79
Unhappy Re: Women who had chemotherapy less likely to be employed 4 years later

I have just had 7/12 Taxol/Herceptin treatments. I have observed a significant decline in my cognitive skills since my last treatment. It terrifies me that I won't regain my processing skills/STM.
I was offered a prn speech therapy position, but now I am concerned that I won't be able to perform that position effectively.

I found out I tested positive for BRCA2 two weeks ago. I am questioning my entire chemo regimen. I'm having bilateral mastectomies as a result of the positive BRCA2. I'm also having a complete hysterectomy. I was stage 1c,IDC 1.3cc ER+ 98%/PR+ 2%/HER+++. Body scan revealed a lung nodule. The doctor said no worries (but I am). Bilateral mammograms after partial mastectomy were clear. No radiation recommended by breast surgeon. He says no need since we are no longer interested in breast conservation.

I'm reaching out for advice and hopefully some encouragement. I know there are others on this board who have been in my shoes (or some that look awfully similar) Thanks!
Loren
Lnmum is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter