HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
IrvineFriend
Senior Member
 
IrvineFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Irvine, CA (Southern CA)
Posts: 414
Re: Effexor for hot flashes

There have been some pretty hot debates about Effexor if you do a search. I currently take 75 mg. I'm one of the few percentage of women that have extreme side effects from menopause. Had about one every 10 minutes (that was a good day too) which resulted in vomiting A LOT. Feeling hot was a nuisance, but having my head in the toilet all day long at work was debilitating. A couple things that are my experience:
1) Effexor seemed to wire me, so I take it in the AM. Could be the opposite for you.
2) You can't miss a dose; my dear boyfriends knows if I'm just a couple hours since my last days dose. So no sleeping in and taking it when I wake up on the weekends. He said I get really contrary and he can tell right away.
3) Not sure what people do if they're sick/vomiting on Effexor. I'm a pretty happy person and I was having suicidal thoughts after forgetting to take it a couple mornings. The discontinuation syndrome of Effexor is supposed to be the worst of these meds.
Unless your symptoms are really bad, I would opt for something else. Haven't noticed alcohol having an effect or not.
Good luck,
-Julie
__________________
Julie
Live in Orange County, CA

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter