HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
'lizbeth

Re: A newly diagnosed family member-- with a few questions

Natasha,

Welcome to our group.

I would agree that the it is not the traditional treatment. However, more and more oncologists are offering neoadjuvant treatment. I wonder if this is part of a clinical trial?

I disagree with the statement that it is not the right way to proceed from my experience as a patient. Personally I would have leap onto the chance to do a treatment that included only targeted treatment for the first six weeks.

I have read that a patient who did a treatment combination of herceptin and tykerb experienced a complete response (tumor disappeared).

Do you recall anything about post surgery treatment? Perhaps continuing the Herceptin?

Everyone agonizes over the right or wrong choice in the beginning after a diagnosis. I feel there is a benefit to this neoadjuvant (before surgery) treatment approach as it gives so much more information to the doctor - with scans to determine treatment effectiveness.

I wish your sister an easy time with treatment and surgery.
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
her-2, herceptin, positive, tykerb, unorthodox