HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
jaykay
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 646
Re: Remembering Chrisy

Oh Denise - really nice post in memory of Chris.

Although I've been a lurker way longer than a card carrying member of this board, I remember reading her posts for years and marveling at the kindness and strength of Chris and everyone else on this board (you included Denise!).

Cancer sucks

Best,
Janis
__________________
March, 2000: 48, Post menopausal (5 yrs HRT) Left breast, IDC 3mm/DCIS 1.6cm, ER+/PR-/Her2+++, mod differentiated, MIB low, lumpectomy, node neg via SNB, rads=33 Stage 1a
June, 2000: Tamox 4.5 years,Femara for 5 years (end in Jan. 2010)
Sept, 2012: 61, Via mamm, ultrasound, biopsy, right breast, 2.3cm tumor, ER+/PR-/Her2+++, poorly diff, KI67 60-70%
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
October, 2012: Bi Mast with tissue expanders, port placement
Final Path: IDC 2.8cm, DCIS, 1/4 sentinal nodes positive (@#$%). Stage IIB
Nov 29, 2012: Begin TCH/6x/every 3 wks, H for 1 year/every 3 weeks.
March 14, 2013: Finished chemo
April 9, 2013: Begin radiation 28x
May 22, 2013: Finished rads
June 1st, 2013: Started Aromasin for 5 yrs.
July 15, 2013: Switched to Letrozole (Femara). Probably for the rest of my life
October 16, 2013: Exchange surgery
October 31, 2013: Finished Herceptin
December 5, 2013: Port removed
Glad this year is over!
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
StephN
Senior Member
 
StephN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
Wink Re: Remembering Chrisy

Thanks, Denise -
There is just NO softening the blow.

I was trying to find a photo from our January 2008 trip to Miraval Spa near Tucson.

Chris and I shared a casita for 4 nights, so I had a chance to get to know her better. Yes, we had just a FEW laughs! She had an MRI on the way to the airport, and was quite nervous about waiting for results into the next week. Her liver was already acting up, she had met NED for a time and was wanting to hold that status with all her might!

The lady in red on the left is Karen (StillHere) who organized the group. Chrisy is next in white, and Sherri (from Vancouver, B.C.) and I are to the right. Chrisy was gesturing how much she enjoyed the wonderful dinner we had just eaten. Food was one of Chrisy's favorite things. I was trying to think where I could get a decent slice of Chicago style pizza around here!


__________________
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." H.D. Thoreau
Live in the moment.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.

Last edited by StephN; 04-29-2013 at 05:34 PM..
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
Barbara H.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 951
Re: Remembering Chrisy

My thoughts go out to Chrisy's family. I was just heartbroken to hear this news. We were pioneers of the The TDM-1 trail, and when she continued on the trial into the third year, I just expected her to live for many years. Chrisy was so supportive of all of us; her loss must be devastating to those who knew her personally. She is one of those unforgettable angels, both here and beyond.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chrisy, remembering

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter