HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #5
Ellie F
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,526
Re: Herceptin Allergy/Side Effects

So sorry to hear about your wife's reaction.i have been on long term herceptin and experience the usual side effects after infusion.
My last infusion was given in the afternoon when usually I get it in the morning. I suspect they mixed it with alcohol as I had bad joint pain, bleeding crusty nose and flu like symptoms for 2 weeks.
This time I was back to normal morning infusion and what a difference!
At my onc centre in England I have noticed that some ladies who have reported bad reactions to herceptin have been given iv anti histamine prior to starting the infusion.
I don't know if this also happens in America or if it would help your wife?
Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter