HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Pray
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,173
Re: Surgery Thurs. the 4th

Thanks for your responses ladies!

Denise, What was the time frame in which you returned to work after this surgery? How long before you drove? Thank you, Nancy
__________________
dx 11/12/09 IDCI
Stage 3a
ER 98% PR 80%
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
NEDenise
Senior Member
 
NEDenise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philly Suburbs
Posts: 1,709
Re: Surgery Thurs. the 4th

Nancy,
First, I'm so sorry about the loss of your aunt. I missed that the last time I logged in.

Second...I drove as soon as all the drains were out, and I stopped taking the major pain meds. I think that was about 2 or 3 weeks later...not exactly sure.

I'm not a good gauge for when someone could return to work. My surgery was in October, but I had to have surgery again in April, because my abdominal incision never closed properly. (It was not draining or anything, it had come apart under the skin, so it wasn't comfortable, or very supportive of all the "stuff" inside.)

I also still had all my rads to do before I could return to work, and they weren't finished until the end of December. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I remember that once I was off the pain meds, I started to feel much better quickly. And I do know that I had surgery on Oct 10, and hosted 17 people for Thanksgiving, if that helps...and I was able to do all my own shopping, cooking, and cleaning. (I had help with all the heavy lifting though, even grocery bags)

Hope that helps a little.
Sending a gentle cyber hug!
Denise
__________________
1/11-needle biopsy
2/11-Lumpectomy/axillary node dissection - Stage 3c, ER/PR-14/17 nodes
3/11 - Post-op staph infection,cellulitis, lymphedema,seroma,ARRRGH!
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter