HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
'lizbeth
Senior Member
 
'lizbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 2,214
Re: Iodine deficiency ! - falling intakes - goitregens - competition bromine and fluo

Thanks R.B.

In the last year or so I developed terrible breast pain in the remaining breast. I checked with Dr. Google and decided to try Kelp with iodine. The pain went away and I didn't think anything about it. I finished the bottle of Kelp and forgot about ordering a replacement. The breast pain came back and it was so bad I was in the store looking for Kelp supplements ASAP.

I mentioned it to the doctor and he sent me to Breast Health. The nurse prescribed Vitamin B1, B6 and E - but was not familiar with iodine. It was on the list she gave me for mastalgia.

Then I remembered that a few months before the pain started San Diego started adding fluoride to the water. I've made an effort to purchase bottle water such as Penta or Evian to avoid the fluoride.
__________________
Diagnosed 2007
Stage IIb Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Pagets, 3 of 15 positive nodes

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter