HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Lori R
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Evergreen, Colorado
Posts: 454
Re: SRS and liver met

Jackie,
I don't have first hand information to share with you, but I did want you to know that SRS was discussed as a potential option for my single liver met.

During my consultation at the University of Colorado medical center, the fact that I continued to battle a single liver met and was in great physical condition...we opted for the "gold standard" and went for the liver resection. Unfortunately, during the resection the surgeon was able to identify cancerous nodes that did not appear on scans. Oh well....I am glad I went for the gusto. I know I tried everything. But, surgery does come with significant risks.

During the consultation, the radiologist who would have managed the SRS treatment said the average progression free results were in the 3-5 years. I believe the challenge is stabalizing the liver as it moves when we breath. Also, uncertainty as to how the liver reacts to radiation.

Do NOT let anyone count you out because of breast cancer vs. colon cancer. There was a hint of reluctance in my case as well. When the Drs. saw that I was realistic about what the surgery might buy me, they were all in for moving forward.

Keep on fighting for what is in your heart. Good Drs. will direct you. It was the radiologist who suggested the surgery as she thought given the available data it seemed like the best option.

Lori
__________________
2007
Oct - Diagnosed - Stage IV
5 c.m. IDC - Left Side er/pr- Her2+++
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
2008
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
2009
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
2010
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
2011
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
2012
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter