HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Melissa
Senior Member
 
Melissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 116
Re: Radiation questions??

Hello,

1 - yes my breast turned red and still to this day is a little darker than my other breast. I'm pretty fair.

2 - tiredness is probably different for everyone - I was worse through chemo

3 - yes I also got and still have some breast swelling. My surgeon says it's from scar tissue from the radiation and has suggested to remove it but I've just never gotten around to it.

( for the redness you can get some special cream from the radiologist, it help to sooth my skin)


I hope everything goes well for you...


Melissa
__________________
Melissa

04/06, (42), 2cm tumor, 7/13 nodes, one positive node under clavicle
mastectomy/reconstruction
grade 3, stage lllb, er-65+, pr-90+, her2+++(80%)
4/AC, 12wks TH then 6wks rads
40 wks herceptin, and tamoxifen.
onc test tamoxifen resistance = poor metabilizer
04/07 ooph & on arimidex
08/07 completed herceptin

04/2022 - 16 year survivor!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
hestko76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 103
Re: Radiation questions??

Thanks Roz and Melissa for responding. I am fair skinned, so I'm glad to hear others got red too. I hope I can breeze through rads without the tiredness.

We are off to camp this weekend with another breast cancer survivor (presently in treatment too) and her husband whom we met at the NM Cancer Retreat in ABQ. She is not HER2+, but just finished her chemo and soon will start rads at the same place I do. It is a small world! Let's hope the smoke from the NM fires do not dampen our time. Have a great weekend .... all of you!
hestko76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter