HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
rhondalea
Senior Member
 
rhondalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 487
Re: restless legs

Ha, ha. Now I'm laughing.

Got to thinking about how my husband twitches and jumps as he drifts off every night (thereby maintaining my own state of wakefulness--some nights it's so bad, I exit the bed for the comfy couch). I've been feeding him magnesium (and a few other supplements), but although I can hand him horse pills, I can't make him swallow.

So yesterday, I bought some bars of Ivory. Last night, he got into bed to read, and a little bit later, I walked in and puttered a bit before climbing in beside him. He said to me, "I have a question." I looked at him attentively. He said, "WHY was there a bar of Ivory soap...?"

He'd removed it.

My attentive look became dagger-like. I said, "Put it back."

We then had a brief, but animated, discussion about the merits--he told me in no uncertain terms that I'm a total nut job. In spite of his shocking lack of respect, however, he's generally willing to do whatever makes me happy (well, except for taking the supplements, but he has to chew them so I suppose it's understandable), so the soap returned to its resting spot without further ado.

In the absence of a scientific explanation for how it works, I was relying heavily on the placebo effect. Given his reaction--amused and indulgent, but totally disbelieving--I did not have high hopes.

He didn't twitch even once last night. He woke rested and refreshed.

Amazing stuff.
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter