HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
rhondalea
Senior Member
 
rhondalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 487
Re: Eating Berries Might Help Preserve Your Memory

Have I mentioned lately how much I appreciate the articles you find and post? I really do, so I hope you never stop.

As to the topic, I eat at least six ounces of berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) every day. Most days, it's a whole lot more. (I can wipe out a pound of fresh strawberries in one sitting; in season, that means daily.) I also consume black tea in excessive quantities even though I worry about the fluoride.

I did all that before, during and after chemo. Over the long term, I have no doubt of the benefit (although it's not the reason I eat berries), but I can't say that my berry gluttony has mitigated the brain damage I have sustained (see attachment below for specific diagnosis).

What I have found useful for targeting chemobrain are the following: magnesium l-threonate (Magtein) and vinpocetine. Between the two, I'm almost normal most of the time. (There are other supplements that I think help me, but they're specific to my particular genetic weaknesses, so I won't add them to the list.)

It's also possible I have benefited from plenty of dark chocolate, although I can go without it for several days with no adverse effects. On the other hand, even one day without the supplements turns my brain to....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brain is oatmeal.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	932  
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter