HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
KsGal
Senior Member
 
KsGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 585
Re: and then came...lymphedema.

I have an appointment with the lymphedema specialist on the 25th. Mine is still pretty much confined to my index finger thumb and palm of my left hand. Im am so sorry to hear how hard lymphedema has been for you all. UGH! I had an appointment with my oncologist, where I told him I was developing lymphdema, and he looked at me and said "That is not lymphedema." So I asked what it was, and he said "Its some swelling. We do not see a puddle and call it an ocean." What?? Im doing the lymphdema massage and exercises I learned by watching youtube, and it doesn't seem a lot better, but it has not progressed either. I wake up with a regular size hand, but any activity at all just sets it off. I had this bizarre concept that women that got lymphedema where the ones who had many nodes removed, so of course I was wrong about that one and now I am feeling pretty whiney about the whole darned thing.
__________________
Diagnosed in October 2011 Stage IV with metastasis to liver.
January 2012 after double mastectomy, started taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin.
Clear.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter