HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
KristinSchwick
Senior Member
 
KristinSchwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 231
Re: eloda and tykerb optimum dosage

I too had to decrease my doseage of both Xeloda and Tykerb- I went to 7 tablets of Xeloda and 4 tablets of Tykerb. Some things I found helpful for the belly stuff- I cut out most all dairy products unless they are lactose free. Lactose free milk is really good, as are soy and almond milk. I don't eat anything that is especially greasy- like pizza, and really avoid cheeses. I am still on 4 tykerb and this limits the bathroom visits to 1x day- which I can live with. I do remember the diahrrea being so bad, I felt like I couldn't eat anything when it was my xeloda weeks. Doc says then to go with the BRAT diet until my tummy would settle down (a day or so)- bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.

Are you seeing a response with the drugs? I saw a good drop in my tumor markers within a few months of starting that combo- sadly though, it didn't last beyond 5 months. I hope it does the trick for you! Hopefully you can find a dose that you and your doctors are happy with.
__________________
[B]Kristin
Aug 2010: diagnosed stage 3b, 4 mo. after birth of son. 29 yrs old and breastfeeding, ER/PR-, Her-2+ started Neoadjuvant therapy: 4x FEC, 10x abraxane & Herceptin
Feb 2011: L mx with recon. Path. showed only DCIS but 4/10+ nodes.
March 2011: 6 wks rads.
Mother passed, lower back pain.
Late May 2011: Bone mets but organs clear; Tykerb, Xeloda, Xgeva. Stopped Herceptin. Implant infected: removed implant.
October 2011: Bone progression; Gemzar and Carboplatin & restarted Herceptin.
Jan 2012: Progression, re-classified as ER+; Tykerb, Herceptin, Zoladex & Femara. Anti-E is working!
May 2012: ovaries out, markers stable but elevated. Cont. Herceptin, Tykerb, Xgeva & Femara.
Dec 2012: aromasin
Jan 2013: faslodex, herceptin, tykerb
Jun: Kadcyla
Aug: Rads to hip, then Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
Nov 2013: Perjeta, Herceptin, Halaven
Early 2014: Affinitor, Aromasin, Perjeta, Herceptin.
June 2014: Estradiol, Perjeta, Herceptin
Aug 14: Tamoxofin, H & P
http://kristin-notdying-blog.blogspot.com/
KristinSchwick is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter