HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
twosenuf99
Senior Member
 
twosenuf99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gloucester City, NJ
Posts: 73
Re: Need some help!!

Thanks everyone. I saw the radiation onc today and she is insisting where I started with the aggressiveness of the cancer I need to do rads. I am still not sure what I will do. My biggest fear is pain and damage to my lung, ribs or chest wall. Not to mention that I may lose the expander that I have been filling. She says all these are rare but unfortunately I am atypical and the stuff that shouldn't happen to me does.. The onc said chemo related nausea was a breeze with the new meds they have to counteract it.. Problem is none of them worked for me. I just learned like many others to cope. As for the Tamoxifen(sp) I have not decided on that either but I will definitely ask about the Raloxefene. I was also told today not to continue filling the left expander until after rads because they will not be able to position the machine properly. So now I worry about filling the right and looking lopsided.. I know it is trivial to worry about the way I look but I guess I am just really done with all of this. So stressed out over what to do, I just want to go to bed and never come out. Thanks again for the advice. I appreciate it.
__________________
Baseline Mammogram November 2010, found 2 suspicious calcifications (right side).
Second Mammogram April 2011, found 2 masses in the right breast, 1 in the lymph node and 1 in the left breast.
3 Biopsies May 11, 2011
Diagnosed right Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer which spread to my lymph node 5-13-2011.
Between Stage 2 and 3 with tumors grade III. ER/PR- but Her2neu+++
PET Scan clear
Breast MRI showed 2 masses in left, 5 in the right and 2 in the lymph node.
Biopsy of left mass benign
Joined clinical trial which required second biopsy of one of the right masses
Port placed May 27, 2011
Began Chemo (Taxol, Herceptin and Tykerb) on June 1, 2011 - September 12, 2011
Bi-lateral Mastectomy with reconstruction (expanders) October 3, 2011
FEC 12 weeks
Radiation 6 weeks
Herceptin 8 months finish September 2012
Exchange surgery August 3, 2012
Been NED since October 2011
Lymphedema right arm since Nov 2013
twosenuf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter