HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
ElaineM
Senior Member
 
ElaineM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,142
Wink Re: Diet and breast cancer

Thanks for the additional links. I will make good use of them. I can always learn more about healthy eating.
I cook mostly from scratch too. As you mentioned it is not as hard as many people think it is. The time consuming part is washing and cutting all the produce, but once that is done the rest is pretty easy.
If you have a block of time one or two days a week you can cut and wash some produce and other ingredients and make pots of healthy stews, chili and soup. You can freeze some in small containers for use in the future.
Also if you are feeling a little under the weather some day all you have to do is take a container of something healthy you made from the freezer and heat it up.
I use fresh herbs. I eat alot of different fresh veggies and fruit. I keep a couple bags of frozen veggies and fruit in the freezer for when I run out of the fresh variety. I am vegetarian, but I do eat about 3 eggs a week, and dairy(mostly yoghurt). The only thing with a face I eat is wild salmon. I eat various kinds of beans including edamane and an occassional serving of tofu with stir frys. I eat natto once in awhile.
I buy whole grain breads, English muffins, bagels,crackers and waffles from the health food store.
__________________
Peace,
ElaineM
12 years and counting
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.

Last edited by ElaineM; 11-10-2011 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: correction
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter